Sunday, August 24, 2008

69th Surfman Award: Tim Sale


Yesterday I had the rare honour of meeting my favourite comic book artist Tim Sale, and I was not disappointed. As big as Tim is in the comic and TV world, he was a very kind and nice man. I told him about my wife illustrating her first children's book coming out this fall and he was interested and wished her luck and told me about how he would like to illustrate a children's book himself some day. Here is hoping he does, because it will be awesome. If anybody out there doesn't know Tim's work - he has worked on Heroes from the beginning, all of those Issac paintings, yeah Tim did them! He has illustrated all the colour books and together with writing partner Jeph Loeb,they are the best team in comics today i.e. Hulk:Grey, Spider-man:Blue, Daredevil:Yellow, and the latest mini, Captain America:White...as well as Batman: The Long Halloween, Batman:Dark Victory, Superman:For All Seasons,...as well as many other books where the artwork rocks. I wish Tim and the rest of the Heroes cast and crew the best of success on Sept. 22 for the 3rd chapter called Villians, where evil wins the day. Please check out Tim Sale's web site for more info, as well as the Heroes website. Thanks again Tim, for making each and every one of your fans feel great about meeting you...I could telll that you really appreciate your fans, and we appreciate you sir! Keep up the good work, this Surfman Award goes to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home