Sunday, April 01, 2007

38TH Surfman Award: The Silver Surfer


All hail the Skyrider of the Spacewaves, who is this week's recipient of my Surfman Award. I have been a fan since I was 5 years old and this misunderstood marvel character has been a source of comfort that I can relate to and whose words have helped bring me through many a negative moment in this marble we call Earth. The Silver Surfer is a space lost freak looking for love, who has been separated from his beloved Shalla-Bal due to his sacrifice to save her and Zen-La from the god-like Galactus. He was once known by Norrin Radd, and was transferred into the shiny silver one by Galactus to become his herald. It was a real catch 22 for Norrin, as he was able to seek the universal adventure that he had yearned for and save his home planet at the same time, yet he had to forever be apart from the love of his life. Today, I purchased these 5 post-cards that are covers of 5 of the original 18 comics from volume 1. I have long been a fan of Marvel and their brillant artists, I highly recommend the Silver Surfer to all sentient beings. And speaking of sentient beings, you should all go see The Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer this June at a movie theatre near you...SURFS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home