Sunday, February 18, 2007

33rd Surfman Award: Doug Jones


dougjones
Originally uploaded by the surfman.
In keeping with my blog theme about good people doing good things or things that just make us happy, this weeks surfman goes to Mr. Doug Jones who is portraying none other than that "skyrider of the space waves", THE SILVER SURFER. I can hardley wait till The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer is released this summer. Doug had to endure anywhere from five to seven hours in the makeup chair to prepare for his role to represent Zenn-La's prodical son and saviour. If Doug does as good a job portraying Norrin Radd, as he did Pan, than we long time Silver Surfer fans will be stoked with joy. I have been a fan of the surfer since I was a lad, owning a coveted mint copy of Vol.1,No.1 August 1968 The Orgin of the Silver Surfer, which I sold back in the 80s to pay my last months rent before graduating from university. I still own a fair copy of that issue, but I often wonder what my mint copy would go for today. I am not too sad though because the surfer saved the day when I was broke. All hail the Sentinel of the Spaceways, and fabulous actor Doug Jones as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home