Sunday, September 03, 2006

25th Surfman Award: Video Games Live


videogameslive
Originally uploaded by the surfman.
About a year ago T & me were planning to go to Video Games Live at Roy Thompson Hall and they cancelled it at the last moment, I was so disappointed. The thought of seeing all your favourite video games from childhood on a big screen, accompanied by a full orchestra and choir performing the music to each game was mind blowing to me. My patience paid off, and the event was rescheduled for this past Friday at Massey Hall. It was everything I expected it would be and more. The music was wonderful, along with the light show and big screen images of Super Mario Brothers, Defender, Astroids, Frogger, and a multitude of new games including Halo as an encore. A special treat was the solo performance of pianist Martin Leung. He skill is truly amazing, with speed of hands that I can only describe as from another world...I have never seen a pianist play this fast before, it was breathtaking. Thank you Martin and a huge thank you to Tommy and Jack for their spectacular hosting and conducting of the event. 4 out 4 surfmans - Outstanding!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I used to love ZAXXON http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaxxon

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home