Sunday, May 28, 2006

20th Surfman Award : Whitey the Albino Squirrel


whitey
Originally uploaded by the surfman.
For about 20 years I had been hearing about this albino sqirrel that lived in Trinity-Bellwoods Park. I was beginning to think that he was a figment of people's imagination, but I was proven wrong and rewarded with a chance meeting for my disbelief. Which isn't quite fair but I was thrilled to bits just the same. I nearly fell of my bike when I spotted him running up a tree. At first I thought I was seeing things and than was overjoyed with happiness that this special squirrel existed and lived in our park. Oh how Whitey makes me happy, and makes me think how unique and lovely each and every one of us are. Thanks Whitey, and in case you want to check out some waves sometime, I'll shape a squirrel friendly surf board just for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

I love Whitey! Saw the briefest flash of him in the park about three years ago and wondered if I would ever see him again. And then today I did! Just poking around in the leaves with the rest of the squirrels. I stopped and watched him for about 5 minutes and left the park a much happier person.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Whitey, or one of his friends, today (January 3, 2008) at lunch-time. He was being chased by a grey squirrel in the trees along Queen Street (east of Trinity Dr/Strachan Ave). It made my day!! ramblinpaul

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home