Sunday, November 04, 2007

51st Surfman Award: The Boy Cat




It is with the deepest sadness that I say that our beloved boy cat has passed the earthly realm into I hope another dimesion of the time space continum. T and me miss him so much, we can't stop thinking about him. The vet came to our house Wednesday and helped ease his pain while he died with us cuddling him and telling him how much we love him. He was sick for awhile and we did everything we could to make his life better, but the last few days we knew it was time and we didn't want him to suffer. I wish he was with me know. He would come and sit on my lap and butt his head against my arm, cause he wanted some attention and he would also press his nose against mine and T's wherever we happened to be sitting. Another sad thing is that our girl cat, who is the boy's sister constantly looks around the house for her brother...it makes us well up with tears when we see that. The two of them use to raom the house together in their little wolf pack, checking everything out and getting up to great adventures...and the way they slept together was so cute, they looked like a yin/yang symbol. I had a dream the night that he passed away that me and the boy cat were on my old hercules bike riding down a big hill...I'm not sure what it means, but I like to think that the boy cat was telling me that everything is ok and don't be sad. T, me and the girl cat will miss you dearly boy cat. Thank you for all your love and hilarity.

7 Comments:

Blogger MBA said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and companion.
This is such a sad posting but you wrote it so beautifully. Hope you both feel better soon. Hope girl cat will be okay.
S.

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost cried reading this post... I have 3 cats and I never lost any. I donĀ“t really know how I would feel... Have you thought on having one more? It could be good for you both and for the girl cat. Sorry my bad english...

11:30 AM  
Blogger Rodwellian said...

I was really sad to hear about the boy cat ...

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a lovely tribute to boy cat, Paul. I love the dream you had of b.c. with you on your bike. that is really sweet and special. Give girl cat extra love and rubs...!

10:23 PM  
Blogger iHanna said...

beautifully written! I'm sure he is on that bike right now, having fun!

2:51 PM  
Blogger the surfman said...

Thank you all for your comments regarding boy cat, it really meant a lot.. We really miss him but now we think about all the great times we had with him and how special he made our world. We are giving girl cat extra special cuddles and making sure that she is ok.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am crying reading this post!
So sorry, hope you and Tannie Annie give lots and lots of cuddles to Girl cat!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home