Sunday, March 27, 2011

123rd Surfman Award:Mike Grell & The Longbow Hunters


Back in the 80s a friend at University turned me on to Mike Grell's "The Longbow Hunters". It was a 3 part tale that updated the Green Arrow/Oliver Queen to a more modern and and I like to think sophisticated audience that didn't want to see any trick arrows and such. It was gritty and realistic and had a sense of pace throughout the story that made you excited to turn the page. I was quite pleased to read a tale that featured The Green Arrow alone and not sharing the bill with another comic hero. The mini series was nominated for an Eisner and led to the first ever on-going series for Green Arrow. Last weekend at Wizard World Toronto I had a chance to meet Mike Grell and tell him about how much I loved his writing and got my books signed by him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home