Sunday, September 06, 2009

94th Surfman Award: Leonard "Mr Spock" Nimoy


On Saturday, August 29th, Leonard Nimoy signed my type 2 phaser at the FanExpo in Toronto. This phaser is an exact replica of the one that was used in all 3 seasons of the original Star Trek. I waited three and a half hours in line, for my signature, but it was well worth it. I remember watching the original series that started it all when I was just a lad. I didn't quite understand it than but I knew that Mr Spock was a cool and interesting and I would become a life long fan as I watched all the seasons in re-runs as I grew up. Mr. Nimoy still exudes a "cool" factor and I was so thrilled to have my phaser signed, that I had it placed in a shadow box and I hope to pass it along to the next generation of my family. Thank you Spock, and may you truly LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG that is so so so amazing, I am speechless...

9:19 PM  
Blogger the surfman said...

Thank You Jason, I think I was the only person at the 50,000 plus convention to ask Mr. Spock to sign my phaser, and he seemed happy but surprised that I was asking for my signature on something other than the usual pictures that everybody brings. he wasn't sure that his signature would fit on the phaser, but it looks soooooo awesome!!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home