Sunday, August 09, 2009

92nd Surfman Award: John Hughes - Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!



Last Thursday, John Hughes passed away in manhatten, he was 59 years old. He will be missed on a hugh scale by those of us that grew up during the 80s and were entertained and inspired by his many incredible films of teen angst and lessons to be learned. My personal favorite is Ferris bueller's Day Off, staring Mathew Broderick, about a guy who gets along equally with all manner of high school subcultures. "He is a rightous dude." When I graduated from universtity back in the late 80s, I wore a "leisure rules" button, a promo from the movie on my gown as I collected my degree. Mr Hughes you taught me that no matter how difficult the grown up world got, you can enjoy yourself while travelling that journey. Thank You and you will never be forgotten by those of us who grew up watching your films.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home