Sunday, January 15, 2006

1st Surfman Award : Elliott Brood

elliottEvery week I plan to talk about a person or group, that bestows upon the rest of us a feeling of happiness. This week it is the band Elliott Brood. These lads know how to spin a yarn and keep our toes tapping to a rockin' beat, albeit one that has been described as "death country". Mark with his banjo, Casey with his lightening fast guitar licks ( I hope he hasn't been to the crossroads to acquire this speed), and Steve with his suitcase kickdrum force even the most sedate (me) of us off our chairs and on to the dance floor to get a better view of these mysterious fellows. Having met all them, I can honestly say in the words of one Royal Tenenbaum, you guys are "true blue!". Thanks and keep up the good merriment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh good choice!
I love elliott brood!
yah woo!

4:46 PM  
Blogger the surfman said...

Thanks Tania, lets hope 2006 is a very good year for these 3 very talented gentlemen.... A little bird told me that they are performing in March, tell all your friends!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home